Soldier’s Tower was completed in 1924 to commemorate
members of the U of T community who died in the two world
wars. The tower rises at the west end of Hart House and
was funded by alumni donations after the First World War.
The plaque reads: “Through this Memorial, the great
name and the great tradition established for the University
by those who died will be handed down as long as the University