Image of Interactive Map
Title for Map Key
  1- 1 Spadina
2 - Knox College
3 - Convocation Hall
4 - University College
5 - Mining Building

  6 - Observatory
7 - Sigmund Samuel
8 - Soldier’s Tower
9 - Hart House

10 - Trinity
  11 - ROM
12 - Household Sciences
13 - Victoria College
14 - St. Basil’s
Title Take The Tour

Photo of the Sigmund Samuel building

Sigmund Samuel
Sigmund Samuel was designed in 1892 at the same time as the restoration of University College and in the same Richardsonian Romanesque style. The south wing, completed in 1912, has ornate glazing details and an imposing sweeping staircase. The original University of Toronto Library, Sigmund Samuel is now home to the English department.

Blank Spacer
 
U of T Logo
 
*Much of the above information comes from The University of Toronto: A History by
University Professor Emeritus Martin Friedland of the Faculty of Law.